- In the most suspenseful installment of the New York Times nestselling Body Farm series to date, forensic anthropologist Dr. Bill Brockton investigates a bizarre murder—and confronts a deadly enemy he thought he’d put behind bars for good.
- Forensic anthropologist Bill Brockton has spent twenty-five years solving brutal murders—but none so bizarre and merciless as his latest case: A ravaged set of skeletal remains is found chained to a tree on a remote mountainside. As Brockton and his assistant Miranda dig deeper, they uncover warning signs of a deadly eruption of hatred and violence.
- But the shocking case is only the beginning of Brockton’s trials. Mid-case, the unthinkable happens: The deadliest criminal Brockton has ever foiled—the sadistic serial killer Nick Satterfield—escapes from prison, bent on vengeance.
- But simply killing Brockton isn’t enough. Satterfield wants to make him suffer first, by destroying everything he holds dear: Brockton’s son, daughter-in-law, grandsons; even Miranda, his longtime graduate assistant, now on the verge of completing her Ph.D. and launching a forensic career of her own.
- The dangers from all directions force Brockton to question two things on which he’s based his entire career—the justice system, and the quality of mercy—and to wonder: can the two co-exist?
If not, which will Brockton choose in his ultimate moment of truth?
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I have always adored this authors books. that being said..this book i found to be insulting to any republican. not the place for this type of preaching and judgment. i am so very sad and disappointed to be judged a racist by this author.” By Tom Joneson
“I have read all of the Jefferson Bass books, and have had the privilege of meeting the authors.
This, I think, is the best of the series. I read the entire book in two settings, which for me is unusual. It isn’t necessary to have read the other books in the series, but as this one makes frequent reference to previous stories, it helps.” By Helen C. Chapman
GET eBook Now
Author: Jefferson Bass
Kindle Price: Hardcover $22.19, Paperback $21.49, Audible $0.00
Series: Body Farm Novel
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: William Morrow; First Edition edition (October 4, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (92 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #50,554 in Books